The selection process for the UWC 2019/2021 scholarships has ended. You may read the information below to learn more about the selection process and how to best prepare for the UWC 2020/2022 scholarships.
Please note that:
- we will publish the list for UWC 2020/2022 scholarships in October 2019
- the eligibility conditions are subject to change
- we will only accept Online Application Forms
- the Application Form is subject to change
Who can apply
In order to apply, you must meet the following mandatory criteria:
- currently be a 10th or 11th grade student (both grades are accepted)
- have Romanian citizenship
- have 16-18 years by August 31, 2019
- your average general grade should be at least 8,00 for 9th and 10th grades, if you are currently an 11th grade student OR for 9th and first semester of the 10th grade, if you are currently a 10th grade student
How to apply
Before filling in your Application Form, please carefully review the information below and then choose how you want to apply:
- Read more about the 2019 - 2021 UWC scholarships here.
- Read more about the UWC selection criteria here and the selection process here.
- Carefully review and understand the costs for each scholarship offered. Full scholarships cover: tuition, room and board, books, IB exam registration fees, but they do not cover travel costs, Project Week, house deposit, pocket money, visa (if necessary). Partial scholarships cover a % of tuition, room and board, books, IB exam registration fees and they do not cover travel costs, Project Week, house deposit, pocket money, visa (if necessary). Please note that costs vary from college to college and they will be clearly communicated to you if you win the full/ partial scholarship.
- If questions, please refer to the FAQ section first here and then feel free to contact us at email@example.com, we will be happy to answer questions & guide you through the application process.
- Make sure you understand that you are applying for all of the offered UWC scholarships, and not for a particular scholarship or UWC college - the UWC Selection Committee has the final decision with which college/ type of scholarship to match your application.
- You may apply for the UWC scholarships offered to Romania if you have double citizenship but you can apply only via one UWC National Committee - for instance, if you have both Romanian and Canadian citizenship, you must decide with which National Committee you are applying, you may not apply in both Romania and Canada at the same time.
If you want to apply ONLINE, please click the button below and follow the instructions provided for you by the application:
If you want to apply via a written application, please follow the instructions:
Download the Application Form from this page. Please carefully read and follow the instructions provided for each section.
Your application must contain:
- the completed Application Form - incomplete Application Forms will be disqualified, with no further review. Handwritten applications are not accepted and will be disqualified with no further review.
- two recommendations from your teachers - they may be written in Romanian or English, signed and place in their own, separate envelope. These recommendations can be handwritten or typed, but we encourage teachers to also provide typed recommendations.
- a copy of your academic records ("foaie matricolă"). It is not necessary for the copy to be authenticated by a notary.
- any other additional documents specified in the Application Form or documents that you feel will help the members of the UWC Selection Committee to understand more about you, your achievements and extra-curricular/ community service activities.
You must place all of the above documents in a sealed envelope and send it via post or deliver it in person to the following address:
Institutul Italian de Cultura “Vito Grasso”
Aleea Alexandru, 41, Sector 1, 011822 Bucuresti, Tel: 021-231.0885/87/91
Please mention "For the UWC Scholarships" on the envelope.
For any questions, please feel free to write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.